- All students who have not been accepted to current All-State or Region Bands or Orchestras, and who have not participated in the Rutgers Symphonic Wind Band and Chamber Music Camp must submit an audition video for acceptance to the camp.
- All students who wish to be considered for the Honors Wind Symphony must submit an audition video.
- All auditions are conducted via video. There are no live auditions.
General audition procedure (for those who wish to not audition for Honors Wind):
Upload a recording of two contrasting etudes, one to demonstrate tone and phrase (slow) and one to demonstrate technique (fast).
Students auditioning for the Honors Wind Symphony:
Prepare a video recording containing the following:
- Two excerpts from your state’s present All-State solo for your instrument. One excerpt should demonstrate tone and phrasing; the other should emphasize technique facility.
- A chromatic scale in even octaves spanning the full range of their instrument.
- Percussionists should play timpani or snare drum for their audition video. Mallet instruments are optional.
All applications must be received by June 13, 2017. Notification of acceptance to camp will be made by June 15, 2017. Acceptance will be based on two factors: quality level and instrumentation needs. After June 13, applications will be accepted and reviewed on a case-by-case basis until June 21.
Submitting your audition video
First, you will create your own YouTube channel, upload your audition video and then share the video’s URL where prompted in the application. Instructions on creating a YouTube channel can be found here. You will be contacted once your video has been evaluated.
Accepted students should return to the registration site account and complete payment for the camp. Non-accepted students simply discontinue the registration process.
Video not ready at time you are completing your audition? No problem! You can upload your video at a later time here.